5.15.2009

The Cliffs! and the View!











Today I started in central Amalfi and looked for a boat to take me to the Esmeraldo grotto, but alas, the sea was too rough, so I started climbing. Each of the communities here on the coast are connected by ancient stairways and corridors that everyone uses to walk from place to place. This way you don't have to go on the windy road full of people, and traffic.It is amazing how far you can walk. I saw lemon groves, olive trees, house carved right into the side of the cliff. I walked to Altrani, met the Luigi brothers and walked straight up to a Villa 2000 feet in the clouds.Then, after I rested, I walked back down again. I think I covered about 8 miles. Thank goodness for stairmaster! Tomorrow I will go to Mirori.








No comments:

Post a Comment