5.22.2009

Michelangelo - One of the big reasons I came here!

Hi,



I had a Michelangelo sort of day. I went to see the David and it was immense! The detail in the marble is extraordinary. You can see the veins in his hands and feet. hey, I got to see a man naked, and what a perfect specimen!






























At thePiazza del Duomo, There are four buildings: The Duomo with the cupola and of course I climbed the 450+ steps to reach to top. the view was sensational. The other buildings are the Cathedral, the Bapistry and the Campanile. They had beautiful artwork both inside and out. They are carved out of white, green and red marble and clay.























The last stop of the day was at the Museo delOpera which houses the Pieta. The details in the faces are extraordinary. I adore Michelangelo's sculpting and could stay here at least another year to see and enjoy it all.









I am off to see if I can view the end of the 13th stage of the Giro d' Italia and hopefully catch a glimpse of the winner (hopefully), Lance Armstrong. If I get a photo, I will post it tomorrow.
Bye,
Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment