5.22.2009

PS the Giro d' Italia!

So here I am ready for the race in Florence! This is like the Tour du' France. Italians really get into the competition with parades, throwing hats, banners, pompoms and the like. Here I am with the hats on just before the race begins.



Here is the finish line! Waiting for the cyclists. They announce how many kilometers away they are as they approach the park and it is very exciting. I stood about 200 meters away from the finish line, where the VIP's sit.


So here they come. I saw Lance Armstrong, but got a picture of his team member. Team Astanza. I saw the bus afterwards. Very cool. They go by about 40 MPH! fast......







Ater the race, Lance pulled up in his Lamberghini and invited me to party with the team, which is where I am going now. So, Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment