5.20.2009

PISA and the Leaning Tower

I took the hydrofoil out of Capri this morning and made it to Naples by the skin of my teeth. Took a hurtling ride to the train station through Naples traffic, an experience I really don't want to repeat. I made it to the train with a minute to spare only to find that the train was delayed. Eventually, I found myself in a terric room with closed doors and I thought, this is kind of cool, only to find out that I was in 2nd class, not 1st. I found the right car and continued on to Pisa. I locked my baggage in a secure place and shared a cab with some people from SanFran and proceed to the square. The Tower does lean! Honest. It was amazing in white marble. I also went to the Duomo and the Bapistry. I photographed all, but you will have to wait until tomorrow when I can find an Internet place with a USB port. Arrived in Florence, staying in a 15th century monastary and the room is small enough to figure a monk lived here. The bathroom actually has toilets that flip up to allow passage to the shower. Interesting. Near the Medici palace and will write more tomorrow, with pix. Love to all,
Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment