5.17.2009

The Wild Side of Amalfi!

I left this morning taking a walk on the wild side. I walked to Amalfi and then took a boat to the Emerald Grotto. It was a beautiful day, clearing the haze that has hung over the water since I arrived in Amalfi. The coast line with its cliff faced houses and walkways were quite apparent. The grotto itself was largely disappointing for photo taking, but the water was shining green and stalactites and stalagmites were beautiful. We had to be transfered to another boat in the grotto and the guide asked if he could come to my hotel tonight. To be continued.....










I walked up to the sheer cliffs and into the scarred landscape near Furore, where the sun is hot and there is not way but down. Which I walked and then again and again. I was so glad to see the hotel and take a shower as I had been walking for about 4 hours. But it is gorgeous. I bid arrivederci to Amalfi because I am going to Capri tomorrow. Bouna notte!










No comments:

Post a Comment